The Sticks & Stones: A Fresh Foundation

Picture
Via: Hypebeast

Seattle's Maiden Noir releases their Wool Mountain Jacket for their 2010 Fall/Winter collection. The jacket is Maiden Noir's take on the classic parka everybody loves. It features a wool and twill construction with a green/black two-tone colorway. As Maiden Noir tries to keep the jacket as simple as possible, it also features smaller details from the hood toggles, snap button/zipper front, and an interior waist adjustment. Locations like Haven has already been selling the $390 jacket at their webstore.

DREW's Note: I swear I had a very similar jacket when I was younger. Though that jacket is very solid and clean, it's still $390. Dizzam!

Picture

Hong Kong based streetwear label 55DSL links up with a Hong Kong creative studio Project After Dark for a special artist capsule collection for the 2010 Fall/Winter collection. The head of Project After Dark, Prodip Leung, shares the same personality as 55DSL, who tend to design their clothing from their inspiration from UFOs, monsters, and other other-worldly creatures. The collaboration of the two is a perfect pair made in heaven. The capsule collection features a varsity jacket, chambray shirts, graphic tees, and hoodies. The collection will be exclusively sold at the 55DSL store in Hong Kong through out the season. For more photos, check after the jump...

DREW's Note: The thing that I love about this collection is that the collaborators created this out of what they love and not what other people love. It's hard for brands to continue to design the way they love to because of the risk of losing profits and other intangibles. As for the collection, I'm loving the jackets in this collection.

Picture
Via: Highsnobiety

New York artist Futura and UK designer label maharishi a.k.a. MHI are linking up again for a new collaborative collection for the 2011 Spring collection. The collection features hoodies, zip-up jackets, shirts, and pants. All the piece feature classic Futura graphics from the atomic rings and his Pointman character. The collection will be available through maharishi's store and other MHI retaierls in February 2011. more photos are after the jump...

DREW's Note: This collection definitely shows the two personalities are work, with the graffiti like placement of Futura's graphics and the high quality of the MHI products. Futura + MHI = DOPE!

Picture

Boston streetwear boutique Concepts teams up with the famous Down-Jacket manufacture Canada Goose once more for a collaboration. This time around, the two brands come together to create the "Alberta" vest. The vest features the same high quality that Canada Goose is known for with an Arctic-Tech waterproof shell, a body filled with white duck down feathers, fleece lined pockets, with leather pocket flaps, and a removable hood. The vest is now available in two colors, Khaki and Olive, at CNCPTS. For a closer look, check after the jump...

DREW's Note: Concepts is one of the most well-known boutiques because of the high quality products that they carry. This vest is the definition of functionality and style but it's what you have to expect when you collaborate with Canada Goose. Too Fresh!

Picture

The San Francisco-based Benny Gold release their latest collection for the 2010 Holiday season. The collection continues with the Benny Gold aesthetic of being youthful and fun with use of the classic paper airplane logo and the use of Ferris Bueller quote on a set of t-shirts. The collection features sweaters, t-shirts, denim, camper hats, fitted caps, and socks. The collection is now available at Benny Gold's flagship store and other BG retailers. More photos, check after the jump...

DREW's Note: I know that many people tend to hate on the brands who take the simple and clean look but I LOVE it. You can never go wrong with something simple and clean. I'm definitely loving the solid designs on this collection. I might have to stop by the BG store real soon.

Picture

San Francisco's very own HUF links up with legendary Bay Area tattoo artist, Freddy Corbin, for a capsule collection for the 2010 Holiday season. The collection will obviously feature pieces that are inspired and designed by Corbin. The collection will have a cardigan, tees, snapback hats and a club jacket. The pieces are now available at HUF locations and their webstore. The photos were taken at Corbin's tattoo shop in Oakland, Temple Tattoos, by photographer Dennis McGrath. More photos are after the jump...

DREW's Note: Corbin and his tattoo shop, Temple Tattoos, is a well-established and legendary known spot in the Bay Area. I think it's dope when two local brands at two different points of the spectrum link up for a collaborative effort. I'm loving the club jacket.

Picture

Two streetwear icons, A BATHING APE and Stussy, link up once again for an amazing collaborative collection. For their 2010 Holiday collection, they are featuring jackets like the MA-1 military jacket, cardigans, hoodies, sweaters, button-up shirts, tees, denim, and special edition BAPEsta's and bookbags. The collection features a mashup of BAPE's and Stussy's famous prints with the BAPE camo with Stussy images on the hoodies and jackets and the Stussy text with BAPE images the sweaters and tees. The collection will be available through BAPE and Stussy stores with the first delivery set to release on November 27th and the second delivery on December 11th. More photos after the jump...

DREW's Note: Can't really hate on this. This collaboration has always been fresh. The mashup of the brand's images is very dope, it meshes so perfectly. Though, I'm loving the collection, I know that a jacket will definitely burn a hole through my pocket. Ha! 

Picture
Via: Freshness

As the rain clouds start closing in, Nike's ACG line becomes more perfect and suitable for the season especially the new ICEX GTX Jacket. The jacket features an Army camoflage color with a GORE-TEX shell to protect the wear from the harsh wet weather of the Winter season. The jacket also has the other essential qualities that a raincoat has like the velcro cuffs at the wrist and the zippered pockets. The jacket is available at Nike Sportswear.ACG retailers. More photos, check after the jump...

DREW's Note: I been wanting a camo jacket and I think I found the one. Nike ACG once again release a piece that is both functional and stylish but yet there's nothing surprising about that. Now...the question is do I have the money for it? Ha!

Picture
Via: Freshness

Stussy Deluxe, one of the few Stussy's sub-brands, releases their new collection to purchase. The higher-end collection features pieces that is more simple and more inspired by contemporary menswear and Americana unlike the regular heavy printed Stussy brand. It includes pieces button-up shirts, thermals, cardigans, and a collection of outerwear from camper jackets to worker's jackets. The collection also features a few accessories like gloves, belts, and suspenders. The collection is now available at all Stussy chapters stores, selected retailers, and Stussy's website. More photos of the releases are after the jump...

DREW's Note: This just feels like the Banana Republic of Stussy. Ha! It doesn't mean that I am not digging the collection because I think that the collection is dope. But Stussy is just trying to expand, I mean they been doing streetwear for 30 years...why not expand, right? 

Picture

MEGA's brain child Black Scale or BLVCK SCVLE releases the lookbook for their 2010 Fall/Winter collection. The collection definitely shows the brands evolution from basic printed tees to high quality products like the peacoat-like jacket feature above. The collection still features BS classic products from their fitted hats, t-shits and hoodies but what sticks out are the new outerwear and the wovens. And in BS fashion, all the pieces feature a feature dark and shadowy colorway. The collection will be available at Black Scale's flagship store in San Francisco and other BS retailers. More photos after the jump...

DREW's Note: I've always been a fan of MEGA's brand. I'm loving how the brand is expanding out of box of just making tees and hats. I'm definitely digging the whole collection. Black Scale has no where to go but up.